Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Israeli Apartheid Week 2017 - Columbia University

This year the 13th Annual Israeli Apartheid Week took place all around the world between March – April 2017. Israeli Apartheid Week is organized by an international network of grassroots solidarity groups, unions and activists.

apartheid-week-2017

March 1st, 2017 - RAIN- and Apartheid Week 2017 at Columbia University and its vile Apartheid WALL was getting rained-out. (little pleasures) March 3 was the last day of this annual week of hate and lies and with no rain predicted the next day, I headed for Columbia.



But, now it was WIND. (What's next frogs and locusts?) Whatever, once I arrived, I rather enjoyed the low-impact caused by this inclement weather. The Wall  of Hate  had to lay flat on the ground. The visual impact was down to zero.



short video:



Oddly, after about 20 minutes, I was quizzed by a Columbia Media Relations Rep. Where was my press permit (really?) He begrudgingly let me stay an extra 15 minutes since I explained I was "hanging, hoping the wind would abate and the wall placed upright - for a better picture. I waited 15 minutes. 1 pm arrived; gusty winds still blowing so: No "Wall".



Really there was nothing new to see. Never is. I've been following the NYC Apartheid Week since 2007. Been to one Apartheid Week offensive you've been to them all: the anti-U.S., anti-Israel, anti-Jewish message is deeply embedded and never grows dim. The annual event has grown from 2005 to 2017. Ever stronger, they hold court, spew their litany of lies eagerly accepted as FACT. NO opposition allowed.



If ONLY we could get equal time to counter their outrageous lies. If only our truth could be heard .... by open minds.  If Only.



++Pictures and video property of Pamela Hall++

Flickr slide show:

 

No comments: